Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Week 12 - Studying for the USMLE Step 1 - July 17th, 2012

This past week has been very productive in terms of efficiency. 
I completed a thorough revision of Embryology, put together youtube videos for things that I had to look up, and finished the UWorld embryo questions as well. This was no minor feat since I was struggling with fetal blood circulation and formation of the heart chambers ever since I first had the class while in St. Kitts. However, I'm happy to say that I actually know those!!

One of my friends and I also started a 1hr skype review. We are using a 2009 version of the First Aid that has about 125 high yield pictures in the back. We study 3-4 images per day - learn and devise ways to identify the organisms/disease in the picture and everything there is to know about that particular condition. We also do a rapid review for the first 10 minutes of each day to make sure we don't forget what we have already learnt. It has been extremely helpful for me since a lot of it is Microbiology that requires lots of memorization (which is my weakness) ... thus, all this repetition is hopefully going to turn out to be successful retention :)

Still struggling with Pathology and hoping that I will be able to start DIT by the end of this week.

My side subject for this week is Biochemistry (like it was Embryology last week). It's not too bad so far because DNA/RNA/Proteins is my forte (one of the few things that I can give credit to my undergrad. Molecular and Microbiology degree for!).

I still need to increase the number of questions that I'm doing on UWorld every day - hopefully this will be the week for this :)

Just need to keep at it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment